Voluntary Digital Communication Intern
About Autism Plus
A group of passionate parents founded Autism Plus over 30 years ago, bound by a common cause: wanting the very best for their children who all had autism. Three decades on, as a leading Yorkshire charity we are empowering more people every day to achieve more than they had dared to dream was possible. Across Yorkshire and the Humber we support adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health conditions to live independent lives.
We are looking for a digital communication and social media intern to work with us one day a week over the next 6 months to support and promote the work we do. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the fantastic work Autism Plus does for the individuals and communities we work with. You will play a key role in a growing awareness and get hands on experience to apply your skills in a fast moving and changeable organisation.
You will be joining the Training Enterprise team to support us with Digital Communication, in particular, Social Media. Including:
• Creating content for; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Leading and planning strategy in liaison with the Training Enterprise Manager for social platforms for awareness and customer engagement.
• Conducting market research to identify areas we can expand the services we offer.
• Contribute ideas to the team and get the opportunity to develop these.
• Work closely with our Training Enterprise team and gain an insight into how your work can impact our work and our clients lives.
• First-hand experience dealing with and managing multiple social media channels and a variety of different content
• Implement your own vision with creative and strategic license with expert industry specific support from the wider team.
• Can be flexible to fit around your current studies or other commitments.
We are looking for a candidate that has the ability to work to deadlines and who can help create beautiful and engaging content. You will be a self-starter, eager to contribute and work hard. Would be ideal for a student or recent graduate, though we would welcome applications from all who feel they can contribute to the role.
· Have a keen interest in digital communication and social media
· Have a thorough understanding of social media platforms, with some experience using them- even if this is just personally
· Be a hard-working self-starter with plenty of initiative
· Be polite, professional and comfortable chatting to fellow staff members and customers, if required
· Be confident, willing to come up with and share your own ideas
· Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
· Be creative- this doesn’t necessarily mean possessing design skills, but rather having a creative mind-set and vivid imagination
· Be comfortable working as part of a team but also confident to undertake challenges independently
Type: Flexible Hours
Location: We are based in Sheffield city centre.
To apply to become a volunteer with us, please follow the steps outlined below:
Send your completed Volunteer Application Form to us by:
Post: HR Department, Autism Plus, The Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS
If this is something that interests you, and you feel you could make a real difference, we would love to hear from you!