General Autism Awareness Training
We have a diverse range of experience that enables us to cover all aspects of knowledge from basic autism awareness through to sensory profiling.
Our general autism training is offered at two levels, a basic package of training and an intermediate training package. Our advanced training packages are explained under our Bespoke Training Solutions which can be tailored to your specific needs.
Our Basic Autism Awareness Package includes:
- What is an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- History of ASC
- Prevalence Rates
- Characteristics of ASC
- Sensory Perceptions
- Focus on Communication
- Support Strategies
- Reframing the Disability into Ability
- Place to go for support
We also offer an intermediate programme, which includes;
- Introducing the Triad of Impairments
- Understanding the newly introduced Dyad of Impairments
- Understanding Behaviour
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- Understanding Communication Barriers
- Developing Effective Communication
- Introducing Sensory Processing
- Places to go for support
Both our basic and intermediate packages typically last for 3 hours.
All of our packages are co-delivered by one of our Training Team and co-delivered by an individual on the autism spectrum or a family member of someone on the spectrum.
If you would like to find out more about either of these packages please do not hesitate to contact our Training Enterprise team.
Autism Plus Training Enterprises
The Exchange Brewery
Tel: 0114 384 0284