Training Manager - Care
Location: Thorne or Hull
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £26-29,000 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 15th February 2019
Reporting into Head of HR, this post will act as the organisation’s lead for training, learning and development, including the development, implementation and co-ordination of all internal training and line management of the training team. It will also involve contributing to the delivery of statutory and mandatory training, and co-ordination of online training, along with undertaking needs analysis of the organisations training requirements.
The role suits a flexible and creative trainer with a relevant training qualification who is experienced within a care setting, who is looking for the next step in their career.
The role will involve travel across sites within Yorkshire, and so it is essential that the post-holder has a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
• Managing, organising and implementing the delivery of all internal training across the organisation, including all statutory, mandatory training and the Care Certificate
• Delivering training at various locations across the organisation in order to meet the needs of the organisation including all statutory, mandatory training and the Care Certificate
• Developing and owning the delivery of an effective induction programme
• Ensuring that the training provided, internal and external, meets the needs of the organisation, to ensure that excellent standards are met
• Sourcing fit for purpose, quality and cost effective external training as and when required
• Continuously reviewing and improving the quality of training through evaluation, including rolling out diverse methods of delivery e.g e-learning
• Support the development of a suite of external training to be delivered, aimed at generating an income from other organisations
• Leading on the development process for all staff, including continuously improving the performance management and development/appraisal framework
• Developing a training, learning and development strategy aligned to the business strategy
• Co-ordinating the delivery and compliance of e-learning training
• Ensure the L&D function is well led, and functions efficiently and effectively
• Ensuring the L&D function operates within budget
• Report to GEMs on L&D matters including evaluation and effectiveness of training, and put forward cost effective recommendations to ensure that the quality of training meets the needs of current and new staff
• The line management of the L&D team and the associated administration function
Professional Responsibilities and Conduct
• To ensure that that the post-holder and their team uphold and adhere to all Autism Plus policies and procedures
• To undertake statutory and mandatory training to meet the requirements of current legislation
• To liaise with all stakeholders in a manner which promotes good will and professional image
• To observe safe working practices at all times including reference to:
- Health and safety regulations
- Manual Handling
- Fire procedures
- COSHH regulations
- Environmental Health requirements
• Maintain and develop contact and mutually beneficial relationships with sources who can assist the organisation
• Correspond with internal/external parties in a manner, which promotes good will and understanding, and maintains professionalism and credibility
This is an outline of the post-holder’s duties and responsibilities but it is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Charity
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: email@example.com or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice