Specialist Employment Coach
Fixed Term Contract until July 2019
£9.00 Per Hour plus lots of other benefits
Closing Date: Thursday 17th January 2019
About Autism Plus
A group of passionate parents founded Autism Plus over 30 years ago, bound by a common cause: wanting the very best for their children who all had autism. Three decades on, as a leading Yorkshire charity we are empowering more people every day to achieve more than they had dared to dream was possible.
Across Yorkshire and the Humber we support adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health conditions to live independent lives. We are looking to recruit a Specialist Employment Coach who share our values and want to make a positive difference to work in our Sheffield center. Experience and qualifications aren’t always necessary for our roles as full training is provided - are you the person we are looking for?
What we can offer you
- Full training & the opportunity to start or continue a career in providing great care
- Discounted Health Cash Plan for you and your family
- Colleague Assistance Helpline
- 29 days annual leave rising to 33 days
- Refer a friend bonus up to £250
- Online Discounts on well-known brands
- Discounted Gym Membership
- 24/7, 365 access to a GP
- Online health assessments and nutrition advice
- We pay National Living Wage to under 25’s
- We have a fantastic training and development programme allowing the opportunity to develop your skills and career
- Regular Overtime shifts available
- If DBS is required, Autism Plus will pay for this
- 20% discount at our Chocolate Factory at Ampleforth
- Plus many more discounted products and services to support you and your family
What we expect from you
- A commitment to providing great care to the people we support
- Showing dignity and respect to the people we support
- Working together as part of a team
- A willingness to continuously learn
- This role will entail working with individuals with autism or related conditions to help them move towards sustainable paid employment through a variety of interventions.
- You will be required to work within the Training Enterprise as part of a team where your main goal will be to improve the life opportunities for a range of individuals with autism.
- This role will involve delivering group courses to individuals with autism on confidence building, assertiveness, employability – this will be working with our existing training enterprise team. You will be required to contribute to the development of course materials and be pro-active in developing ideas and innovative methods of support.
- You will also work with a range of individuals on a 1:1 basis either within our own offices or within the community. This will entail supporting individuals in a person centred manner to overcome barriers and progress towards voluntary work/ further education and/or employment.
What are the requirements and responsibilities of the Role?
- To ensure that the highest levels of performance and standards of work are achieved, in line with Autism Plus policies and procedures.
- To encourage and support individuals in expressing their needs, views and concerns. To enable individuals make choices and decisions and participate as fully as possible in planning and decision making processes.
- Build knowledge of employment, training and personal development opportunities in the area suitable for individuals and share this information with your colleagues and management.
- Responsible for ongoing promotion of services, identifying networking opportunities and attending networking meetings where appropriate and through discussion with Strategic Disability Lead
Successful candidates will be offered a 22.5 hour contract with the hours of 9am-5pm 3 days a week. These contracted hours are guaranteed each week. This is a fixed term contract until July with potential to be extended. The role is based in South Yorkshire delivering a range of projects across Autism Plus centres.
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below. To apply please send a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS.
Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.