Social Care Support Worker
Hours: Bank (Casual Contracts)
Location: Supported Living & Residential, Thorne, Doncaster
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Closing Date: Ongoing
We are looking to recruit Support Workers who share our values and want to make a positive difference to work in our Thorne, Supported Living and Residential Services. Experience and qualifications aren’t always necessary for our roles as full training is provided - are you the person we are looking for?
What we can offer you:
What we expect from you
• A commitment to providing great care to the people we support
• Showing dignity and respect to the people we support
• Working together as part of a team
• A willingness to continuously learn
What are the requirements and responsibilities of the Role
• Having the ability to communicate effectively with and to understand people who have limited speech and language issue’s
• Would be beneficial to have experience in dealing with challenging behaviour
• Have experience of, or are willing to support with personal care
• Supporting individuals to take part in their interests and activities
• An enhanced DBS checked against the barred list will be undertaken. Autism Plus will cover the cost of this
If this is something that interests you, and you feel you could make a real difference, we would love to hear from you!
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: email@example.com or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.