Social Care Support Worker
Location: Hedon, Hull (HU12 8)
Hours: Various Hours Avaliable, Including Full/Part Time, Casual Contracts
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Closing Date: Ongoing
Across Yorkshire and the Humber we support adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health conditions to live independent lives. We are looking to recruit Support Workers who share our values and want to make a positive difference to work in our Hull Supported Living Services. Experience and qualifications aren’t always necessary for our roles as full training is provided - are you the person we are looking for?
What we can offer you
• Full training & the opportunity to start or continue a career in providing great care
• Discounted Health Cash Plan for you and your family
• Colleague Assistance Helpline
• 29 days annual leave rising to 33 days
• Refer a friend bonus up to £250
• Online Discounts on well-known brands
• Discounted Gym Membership
• 24/7, 365 access to a GP
• Online health assessments and nutrition advice
• We pay National Living Wage to under 25’s
• We have a fantastic training and development programme allowing the opportunity to develop your skills and career
• Regular Overtime shifts available
• If DBS is required, Autism Plus will pay for this
• 20% discount at our Chocolate Factory at Ampleforth
• Plus many more discounted products and services to support you and your family
What we expect from you
• A commitment to providing great care to the people we support
• Showing dignity and respect to the people we support
• Working together as part of a team
• A willingness to continuously learn
What are the requirements and responsibilities of the Role
• Having the ability to communicate effectively with and to understand people who have limited speech and language issue’s
• Would be beneficial to have experience in dealing with challenging behaviour
• Have experience of, or are willing to support with personal care
• Supporting individuals to take part in their interests and activities
• An enhanced DBS checked against the barred list will be undertaken. Autism Plus will cover the cost of this
Successful candidates will be offered a set number of contracted hours per week (unless a zero hours contract is preferred). These contracted hours are guaranteed each week as shift work.
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: email@example.com or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
We reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice