Social Care Support Worker
£7.83 Per hour plus lots of other benefits
Location: Phoenix House, Scarborough
About Autism Plus
A group of passionate parents founded Autism Plus over 30 years ago, bound by a common cause: wanting the very best for their children who all had autism. Three decades on, as a leading Yorkshire charity we are empowering more people every day to achieve more than they had dared to dream was possible.
Across Yorkshire and the Humber we support adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health conditions to live independent lives. We are looking to recruit a Social Care Support Worker who shares our values and wants to make a positive difference to work in our Scarborough service. Experience and qualifications aren’t always necessary for our roles as full training is provided - are you the person we are looking for?
What we expect from you
• A commitment to providing great care to the people we support
• Showing dignity and respect to the people we support
• Working together as part of a team
• A willingness to continuously learn
What are the requirements and responsibilities of the Role?
• To work within the Mission, Vision and Values of Autism Plus and the aims and objectives of the service.
• To act as an ambassador for the Company and maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in promoting the organisation at all times both internally and externally. Engage effectively with outside agencies and organisations in order to improve and extend educational and employer engagement opportunities.
• To contribute to the holistic support provision for the people we support.
• To support and create an effective high quality person centred learning, support and pathway environment by ensuring individual needs are met whilst developing and enhancing the teaching and support practice of others.
• To ensure that the people we support receive optimum support in order to help them achieve, stay on programme and become more confident and independent individuals.
• Promotion of teamwork and the ability to motivate to ensure positive and effective working relations exist is essential.
Successful candidates will be offered a set number of contracted hours per week.
If this is something that interests you, and you feel you could make a real difference, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please send a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS.
Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice