Volunteer role: Charity Shop Retail Assistant
Location: (Various Locations)
Application form HERE
Autism Plus Ltd is a registered charity that provides support and care services for people with autism and related conditions.
Why we need volunteers?
We need volunteers based within our charity shop to raise money to channel into our services for people affected by autism.
Overall purpose of role
To meet the needs of customers by prompt service and through maintaining high standards of goods and merchandise that are well presented within a well maintained charity shop.
We will provide training on all of these tasks.
- Assisting the shop manager with the running of the shop
- To serve customers promptly in a welcoming and friendly manner
- To play an active part in helping the Shop Manager to increase donations
- To steam and size clothes and other assorted goods
- To use the shop till as per the agreed procedure and keep shop area tidy
- Change static displays and window displays as per policy
- Bag up un-saleable clothes
- Observe good working practices and maintain a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere for both customers and staff
Skills and knowledge that you need to do the role
- Good communication skills
- Till operation
- Enthusiastic and outgoing
- Be a team player but also able to work on own initiative
- We ask all volunteers to commit themselves to a regular session, am or pm
- A willingness to undertake further training and supervision if needed
- A commitment to our rules and policies
Benefits/skills/experience you will gain from volunteering in this role
- An excellent learning opportunity
- Meeting and working with new people as part of a team
- Learning new skills
- Making a difference to disabled people
- Hands on experience in a retail environment
Development or progression opportunities
- Opportunity to get a paid job with Autism Plus Ltd or other organisation.
You will be supervised to ensure that you are able to perform the role confidently and have regular meetings to discuss your role with the shop manager.
Travel expenses will be paid for on the day you volunteer. If you volunteer for a full day we also offer lunch expenses up to £2.50