Registered Area Manager - Supported Living
Location: South Yorkshire
Hours: 37.5 hours per week + on call
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th July 2019
Reporting into the Head of Service, our Registered Area Manager will be responsible for services throughout an allocated region. Our services provide support for individuals with autism, mental health and complex needs through the Enhanced Supported living framework and Transforming Care agenda, requiring a high standard of specialised, person centred care.
You will be responsible for ensuring our services’ standards are high and in line with current legislation. You will provide leadership, management and support to your team, whilst developing and managing relationships with local authorities, families and other internal and external contacts. You will be instrumental in supporting the organisation as it develops new complex supported living services across the South Yorkshire region.
What can we offer you?
• 25 days annual leave + statutory holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounted Health Cash Plan for you and your family
• 24/7, 365 access to a GP
• Colleague Assistance Helpline
• Online health assessments and nutrition advice
• Plus many more discounted products and services to support you and your family
What do we expect from you?
• Minimum NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in Health and Social Care (willingness to work towards level 5 if required)
• Experience of working as a Registered Manager in a supported living environment for individuals with complex needs, or demonstrable transferrable skills from a Registered manager post in another form of care provision.
• Excellent knowledge of regulatory responsibilities and willingness to undertake the Registered Manager application process with CQC.
• Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
• Ability to manage and develop an effective team including recruitment, training, supporting and supervising team members
• Working knowledge of legislation relating specifically to CQC outcomes regulations and standards
• Thorough understanding of the safeguarding process, and ability to effectively follow this process
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• IT literate
• Full driving licence and use of vehicle
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
We reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice