Positive Behaviour Support Partner
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £22,000 - 25,000 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 18th February
This exciting new opportunity for an experienced PBS Partner has come about due to significant growth opportunities, working for a well-known charity who support adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health conditions to live independent lives
- To complete functional assessments of behaviours that are impacting on the wellbeing or opportunities of individuals using a range of PBS techniques
- Creating, updating and implementing positive behaviour support plans where appropriate for individuals following assessment and observations, and to support care staff in delivering the plans
- To work with PBS plans, and to support care staff in understanding how to implement and deliver the plans
- Working closely with the in-house clinical team lead to develop systems and processes for analysing and monitoring behaviour to assist in evidencing behaviour change and positive outcomes
- To support the clinical team on the delivery and development of bespoke training and the coaching of care staff according to the needs of the individuals and the service
- Supporting in the de-brief process following significant behavioural incidents
- Contributing to pre-placement assessments and the transition planning to enable individuals to move successfully to their new home
- Working with care staff and all relevant stakeholders members on person centred planning processes to ensure future plans promote the individuals well-being and are based on sound behavioural principles
- To liaise with parents, families and carers, and communicate clearly and empathically the basis for intervention plans
- To liaise with community health and social care professionals on a regular basis
- To contribute to shared risk assessments aimed at ensuring the safety and wellbeing of individuals within their home and community settings
- To provide mentorship or coaching to other staff members to improve their understanding and ability to deliver a PBS plan
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: email@example.com or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice