Complex Care Support Worker
Hours: Full and part time contracts avaliable (12 hour shifts: 8am - 8pm or 8pm - 8am. Must be avaliable 1 weekend in 4)
Salary: £8.71 per hour
Closing Date: Ongoing
We’re looking for empathetic and resilient Complex Care Support Workers to join our Care Team providing excellent care for adults in their own homes who have complex needs and mental health conditions. You’ll be passionate about care and deeply committed to helping people with disabilities who can present with challenging behaviour. Now is an exciting time to become part of our team in Humberside as our services are expanding.
We believe every individual has the right to outstanding care. It’s why our devoted teams find creative ways to help adults with a range of complex disabilities, medical conditions and behavioural problems to learn, grow and flourish.
What can we offer you?
• A working environment that is open to new ideas
• A team who are passionate about the service we offer
• 21 days annual leave (rising to maximum of 25) + statutory holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and development
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounted Health Cash Plan for you and your family
• 24/7, 365 access to a GP
• Colleague Assistance Helpline
• Online health assessments and nutrition advice
• Plus many more discounted products and services to support you and your family
What do we expect from you?
• Experience in a Care/Support role, working with individuals with mental health conditions and challenging behaviour
• Experience of implementing strategies for individuals who express their frustrations and needs through challenging behaviour
• Compassionate and empathetic
• An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
• The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable people and their families
• Good IT skills
• Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: email@example.com or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
We reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, due to the necessity to keep our costs down we are not able to notify unsuccessful applicants, so if you haven’t heard from us within 10 working days, please accept this as confirmation that your application has been unsuccessful, but please keep an eye out for future vacancies.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice