Hours: Full and Part Time Positions Available
Location: Supported Living, Easingwold, York
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Closing Date: Ongoing
Are you looking to improve the quality of life for people with autism and learning disabilities in a person-centred service? This role will be primarily supporting our service users’ within the Supported Living Services in Easingwold.
Within the role of Care Worker you will be required to support individuals with varying and complex needs within the unit. Managing challenging behaviour will be a key feature of the role, something that all staff receive full and in depth training in, arming them with the strategies to do just this.
- To assist service users in their home and to assess their skills and needs.
- To assist in ensuring that the environment is safe and responsive to individual needs.
- To support the service users, enabling them to integrate within the local community.
- To ensure that medication is administered and recorded as prescribed. To organise safe procedures for the collection, storage and administration of medication within Autism Plus guidelines.
- To handle petty cash according to procedures laid down by Autism Plus, and to assist with records and returns as required in respect of this area.
- Undertake duties such as laundry, shopping, cleaning and cooking as required.
- To ensure that the fabric of properties managed by Autism Plus are maintained to a high standard. To ensure that necessary repairs are carried out promptly and that all housing services are efficiently and effectively carried out.
- Ensure that transport requirements are assessed and achieved to meet the needs of service users.
- Ensure that service users receive the necessary care and support to enable them to have as much control over their own lives as possible and to become involved in valued activities within the community. To promote Person Centred Planning and BILD at all times.
- Safeguarding knowledge awareness and understanding of the Safeguarding policies and procedures. Attend training including Mental. Capacity and Best Interest.
- Ensure the needs of the service users are considered at all times, taking into consideration their autism and any other sensory, physical or learning disabilities. (This includes personal care).
- Be polite, courteous and supportive to all team members.
- Be flexible in accordance with the needs of the weekly rota.
- Be available to cover leave (sickness, annual, etc).
If this is something that interests you, and you feel you could make a real difference, we would love to hear from you!
For further details regarding the role please view the job description below.
To apply please send a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Autism Plus, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS. Please note we can only accept CV's with a completed short application form which can be downloaded via the link below.
'Autism Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity'
As part of our recruitment process, we collect, process and store personal data related to job applicants – both paid and unpaid. We have updated our privacy notice which can be accessed using the following links:
Autism Plus Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/privacy-and-cookies
Job Applicant Privacy Notice - https://www.autismplus.org/job-applicant-privacy-notice